Wayne Rooney: I can play anywhere!


Wayne Rooney played in the UEFA Champions League match versus FC Otelul Galati in an unusual position, right beside Anderson in midfield.

He had this to say from a quote on Manchester United's Official website.

“I played there a lot [in midfield] when I was younger. You get a lot of the ball there and we had to defend as well at times tonight. If the manager asks me to do it, I’m happy to do it. I don’t know if it’s long term, that’s down to the manager, so we’ll see what he decides.”

This positional change for Rooney is only temporary with Sir Alex Ferguson answering "Yes, I think so. We're just trying to organise our midfield a little bit. We've had injuries in that department. Michael Carrick's still injured, Tom Cleverley's still injured and we're spacing out Darren Fletcher's games. We can play Ji-sung Park in there but Ji's got an important role for us [against Sunderland] on Saturday."



Wayne Rooney was looking like Paul Scholes in midfield, making quick short passes and risky long lobs to feed the forwards. His tracking back also helped United gain back possession and he is skillful enough to play in this new defensive midfielder role as well as any role. According to him, he can play in ANY position.

Wayne Rooney: I can play anywhere - Official Manchester United Website:

Comments

Popular Posts