Hargreaves transfer answers Red Devils fans question, "When Owen?"


Finally after a year of transfer talks, Owen Hargreaves hopes to emulate his success at Bayern Munich with Manchester United when he completes his move to Old Trafford.

The England international has agreed a deal to join Sir Alex Ferguson's side after almost a year of speculation and, having claimed countless honours in Germany, is aiming to reap silverware with the Reds.

"I set lots of targets over the last decade and I have also fulfilled them," he told a farewell press conference in Germany. "I expect that to continue.

"A new era is starting for me now and I hope to achieve even more. I don't have any concrete aims, but you have got to win everything at Manchester."

Having spent over 10 years in Germany, Hargreaves was predictably full of praise when reflecting on his time with Bayern.

"I would never have thought that I would move to Germany," he said. "I am very happy that FC Bayern gave me such an opportunity. I wish them all the best. The last 10 years were a dream."

Comments

Popular Posts